Nutrition Tip December 25 2010
What can a little water do for you?
- Boost your Metabolism. It takes about 70 calories to warm your daily 64 ounces of ice water to body temperature. In one week, that’s ~500 calories burned!
- Help you lose fat. Fat Breakdown creates byproducts that must be flushed from the system. Without adequate fluid, your metabolism of fat may come to a halt!
- Keep you healthy – to avoid seasonal colds, flus, and other bugs, use water in 2 ways: 1) Drink enough to stay hydrated and flush your system and 2) wash your hands!
- Help you control intake. Many experts believe that we misread thirst for hunger and overeat instead of hydrate – that’s a big mistake when trying to lose weight – always drink some ice-cold water first!
- Keep you looking youthful. Dehydration has a direct affect on your skin. Water will plump your cells and reduce signs of aging.
By Kelli Jennings of www.apexnutritionllc.com.