Nutrition Tip June 5 2010
Add lots of cruciferous vegetables (kale, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, and more) to your diet. Do it.
These phytonutrients have been shown to do amazing things for your body including the stimulation of enzymes that help the liver remove carcinogens and other toxins. They’ve also been shown to deactivate the metabolite that promotes tumor growth. Need I say more? Well here it is…..some other benefits of cruciferous vegetables:
- enhance the immune system
- help in the prevention of macular degeneration eye disease and cataracts
- help in the treatment and prevention of high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- prevent constipation and maintaining healthy bowels
- help maintain blood glucose levels and promoting weight loss.
More information can be found in our “Put this in your cupboard” post.