Goodfluence Bicycle Tour – Back on the Road
After taking 10 days off to be part of a reality survival show in the bayous, Rob is back on the bike and is ready to start pedaling again. But, in order to Goodfluence as many people as possible on this tour….he left the deep south yesterday and flew straight up from New Orleans to Minneapolis. Today he’s back on the bike and rolling once again. From here he’ll pass through Minnesota, Wisconsin and Chicago before continuing eastward to New York.
While we wait for more inspiring stories from Rob’s journey, I wanted to share 12 Simple Ways to Start Living an Awesome Earth Friendly Lifestyle Today….written by Rob Greenfield.
12 Simple Ways to Start Living an Awesome Earth Friendly Lifestyle Today
Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live Free. Live beyond yourself.
But Beware! People will think you are awesome. You will be flooded with compliments, love, and appreciation. People will want to talk to you and be around you. Your life will have purpose and you will be passionate to be alive. You will be radiating smiles and health like never before. Please do not read on if that sounds like a bad idea to you.
1. Eat a whole food plant based diet. Eat more veggies, fruits, grains, nuts and less animal products.
2. Start riding a bike, walking and using public transportation. Stop driving.
3. Go local. Eat local, shop local, play local.
4. Reduce- Reuse- Recycle- In that order. Recycling comes last! Trash sucks. Don’t make it!
5. Share! Share your stuff and share others stuff.
6. Buy less stuff and purchase used stuff when you can.
7. Conserve water and electricity. Just be conscious of your usage. There are 100′s of ways to cut back. Look it up.
8. Don’t use one time use anything’s (bags, take out containers, bottled water, straws, napkins etc.
9. Positive consumerism. Buy from businesses that are using business as a medium for positive change.
10. Simplify. The less you need the easier it is to be friendly to our earth.
11. Be conscious. When you make decisions take into account where things come from and how they were produced. If you don’t know then find out. Take action by putting the information you find to good use.
12. Live beyond yourself. How do your actions affect other humans, animals, and the earth? Make your decisions based on the well being of everyone and everything, not just you.
It’s a process to transform a lifestyle but there is no time to wait. Start today. Start now!
Inspire others by sharing!
Bike2Power Powers Rob
While Rob was taking a break from the bike, our friends at Bike2Power continued to spread some Goodfluence of their own. Bike2Power runs a program called One Athlete at a Time, and they are currently supporting Neil Dragovich who is cycling for an MS event in his state. I invite you to read more about this story on the Bike2Power Blog.