Improve Your Basic Bicycle Maintenance Skills
If you’re a cyclist, you don’t have to be an expert mechanic….but you really should have basic maintenance skills. However, most don’t.
By learning the basics, you’ll be a much more confident cyclist and will most likely get yourself out of a difficult situation in the near future. That should be motivation enough to improve your skills, right?
Well, my good friend Victor Jimenez makes learning bicycle maintenance incredibly easy. If you’ve ever listened to one of our Cycling 360 Podcasts, you’ll already know just how knowledgeable and experienced Victor is when it comes to bikes and cycling. Yes, he really is the Cycling Guru. He also has the ability to relay his expertise in a way that makes it simple to understand and apply.
In his basic bicycle maintenance skills online class, Victor explains all of the following and more:
- Be able to change a flat
- Understand how your bike works
- How to properly clean and lube your bike
- Know what tools you need and which ones you don’t
- What makes a good tire for road bikes and how to select
- How to identify when to bring your bike to an expert
- How to do basic gear adjustments
- How to keep your brakes in optimal working order
- How to maintain high end carbon-fiber bikes and parts
- How to inspect parts for wear
- Tire changing tricks
- How to properly transport your expensive bike
If you love cycling, it’s time to pick up a few skills that will make the experience even better. Oh, and the cost of $27 totally makes it a no-brainer.
Sign up for Victor’s Basic Bicycle Maintenance Class.