Relaxing the Ride
I know for many of you right now, you’re stuck inside on a trainer or might have hung the bike up all together for a few weeks. But even if you’re not currently on the bike, let’s have a little discussion on relaxing the ride.
What I mean by this is having that sense of freedom and no time constraints when you’re out for your ride. Yeah, like when it can be full on all about the bike and nothing else has to cross your mind.
I don’t know about you, but if I have to be somewhere or there’s other pressing commitments on my mind…..I feel like it takes away from my focus. So if I’m out for a ride and know I have to be at an appointment soon after, it drives me nuts.
So how do I deal with this? Well, the easy answer is to make sure there is never anything seriously needing to be done for at least an hour following the ride. But that sometimes is not possible to coordinate.
When that is the case, you need to consciously use the magic from the ride to keep the peace and relaxation within you.
- Before taking off, know exactly how long you have to ride so that you can keep and eye on your computer and keep things on track.
- Maybe an out and back type ride is the best when you need to be back at a certain time. That way you can ride for half your available time, and get back with your other half.
- Once you’ve got the time under control, get into your zen bike state so that your mind can relax and concentrate on the ride.
- Breathe and focus any time your mind goes from the ride to where you need to be when you’re done.
- Make the most of your time on the bike, and like always….be sure to Enjoy Your Ride.