Make it Happen Monday: The Rituals of Radiant Living
About ten and a half years ago, I made a presentation at a business breakfast meeting. This was no ordinary speech…I addressed a bunch of businessy type people wearing my totally “non-businessy” bright yellow pants, and delivered the presentation while sitting up on the speaking podium. This day stands out to me, not because of what I wore or how I made the speech. It stands out because it was the day my vision to create a positive influence became a reality. The speech was about positivity, wisdom, and being the person you want to be. But it was also my platform to introduce views on Radiant Living.
Looking back at that speech, I see that I encouraged people primarily to be the kind of person they truly want to be. Not who society says they should be. Not what other say they should be. But what that voice deep down inside wants them to be. I had great quotes like the one from George Bernard Shaw who when asked on his deathbed what he would do if he had his life to live over…“I’d like to be the person I could have been but never was”. The content of that speech included concepts and thoughts that I still hold inside me today. If I could do it all over again, I would walk into that breakfast meeting with even brighter yellow pants and maybe this time stand right up on the breakfast table while delivering these exact same words.
The speech included a brief rundown on the 10 Rituals of Radiant Living. These Rituals that were taken from one of my life heroes…Robin Sharma. Necessities for people living a Rays of Wisdom life. Still the backbone of my life today.
- Ritual of Solitude – settle down that whirling jar of sand in your head each day
- Ritual of Physicality – out of 168 hours each week, there’s got to be at least 5 hours in there for exercise
- Ritual of Live Nourishment – you really are what you eat…choose wisely
- Ritual of Abundant Knowledge – keep on learning….you’re never too old
- Ritual of Personal Reflection – looking back can help move you forward
- Ritual of Early Awakening – you may still not believe me, but there is magic in the early morning
- Ritual of Music – music is life…make it part of every day
- Ritual of the Spoken Word – fill your inner voice with positivity
- Ritual of a Congruent Character – walk the walk, talk the talk
- Ritual of Simplicity – if there’s only one key to life…it’s simplicity
Make it Happen.