Goofing Off


Loving the Bike

What if you were to waste an entire year?  Spending all 365 days just goofing off and doing whatever you felt like without considering what “should” be done or what the “right” thing to do was.  Well, if you lived to be 85, you would have spent 1.18% of your life goofing off.  Looking back on your life when you are 85, I’m pretty sure you would have wished you wasted more of the remaining 98.82%.

What if you only lived to be 50?  Well, you would have wasted a bigger part of your life, but I can imagine that you would be thanking God that you did.

Oh, and if someone you know thinks that time on your bike is equal to goofing off…….tell them you’ll go ahead wasting your life while they go on living.  Then check in with them in about 30 years and see who’s better off.

1Life.  1Love.  Enjoy Your Ride.

Enjoy Your Ride
Pin It

2 Responses to “ Goofing Off ”

  1. Eric Hutchins on March 16, 2014 at 5:27 am

    Right on Darryl.

  2. gswbike on March 4, 2014 at 10:34 am

    You know there is a reason you never hear people say when they are older … “Gee I wish I would have spent more time at work”. Ride Fast / Live Slow… Ride On.


    June 2023
    M T W T F S S


Sugar Alternatives for Energy and Hydration

Question: I am using the homebrew sugar formulations (sometimes added to green tea).  I am also trying to wean myself off 1/2 dose adrenalean “lip tonic delivery system” (biorhythm brand- caffeine, hoodia g, synephrine, yohimbe) capsule for energy.

My question is other than juice, can you suggest modifications in lieu of table sugar for energy and hydration.


Both raw/organic honey or agave can work great in the homebrew (substitute in the same quantities for the sugar, or to taste), but you do have to shake well in order to make sure they don’t settle out.  Have you tried either of these?  Also, make sure to use at least the minimum amount of salt recommended in the homebrew as the temps rise, you need the sodium replacement if you’re sweating.

Sports Drink Homebrew

Please send us your questions for our Expert Sports Nutritionist, Kelli Jennings to “Ask the Sports Nutritionist“. Kelli Jennings is a Registered Dietitian with a passion for healthy eating, wellness, & sports nutrition. For more information go to

Nutrition Tips